|1987||India & Pakistan|
|1992||Australia & New Zealand|
|1996||India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka|
|2003||South Africa, Zimbabwe & Kenya|
|2011||Bangladesh, India, Pakistan & Sri Lanka|
|2015||Australia & New Zealand|
- The first world cup was held in 1975 in England.
- The first world cup held outside England was in 1987 in India and Pakistan
- This is the third time the ICC Cricket World Cup has been held in Asia, with previous tournaments being held in 1987 and 1996.
- The first time day/night matches was used was in 1992.
- The first tournament to use white cricket balls and colored team uniforms was 1992.
- The first tournament to feature an African Test nation, South Africa, was in 1992.
- The first tournament held in the Southern hemisphere was 1992, when it was co-hosted in Australia and New Zealand.
- The first team to remain undefeated throughout the whole tournament was Australia in 2003. They repeated this feat in the 2007 tournament.
- The first hat-trick at the World Cup was by Indian Chetan Sharma in a game against New Zealand in 1987
- The first hat-trick plus one (4 wickets in 4 balls) was by Sri Lankan Lasith Malinga against South Africa (Super Eights: South Africa v Sri Lanka at Providence, Mar 28, 2007)